98 year old dobri dobrev, a man who lost his hearing in the second world war, walks 10 kilometers from his village in his homemade clothes and leather shoes to the city of sofia, where he spends the day begging for money.
though a well recognized fixture around several of the city’s chruches, known for his prostrations of thanks to all donors, it was only recently discovered that he has donated every penny he has collected — over 40,000 euros — towards the restoration of decaying bulgarian monasteries and churches and the utility bills of orphanages, living entirely off his monthly state pension of 80 euros and the kindness of others.
I already love this man with all of my heart. Hero.
I can reccomend bread baking to everyone! It is easy and calming and rewarding. You can start off simple and you’ll get better an more creative everytime you make a bread. Here is a very easy recipe for you to get started an to customize as you evolve:
- 500g flour ( today i used 200g white wheat + 300g wholegrain spelt)
- 350ml warm water
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar (i used brown cane sugar today)
- 1 tsp salt (for a change i used spiced rough salt this time)
- 2 tbsp oil (i like olive oil for brown and coconut for white bread but any oill is good)
- Mix the yeast with the warm water
- Mix the flour with the salt.
- Knead all ingridientes toogether.(hands or machine)
- Let the dough rest & rise for one hour, covered with a kitchen towel.
- Knead again this time with your hands.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C°
- You can bake the bread shaped on a greased baking sheet or in a grease baking tin.
- Let it rise for another 20 minutes before you bake the loaf! Brush with water before baking.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
I was testing out some cloud brushes I made in Photoshop last night and went little crazy with them. Each drawing was done under an hour. I will be making a tutorial plus download to the brushes after I finish the next Fisheye Placebo strip :)
- GIVEAWAY -
I’m giving away Moleskine Watercolor Large (5.3 x 0.6 x 8.4 inches), Faber-Castell: 6 PITT set in black (XS=0.1mm, S=0.3mm, F=0.5mm, M=0.7mm, C=2.5mm, B=1-5mm) and a small pocket sized notebooks (with a blank pages with nice paper quality).
- THE RULES -
- You may like once and reblog up to five times.
- Your askbox must be open.
- Reblog this on your main or any other blog; not giveaway blog.
- You don’t need to follow me, but if you want to, go ahead!
- The giveaway ends on 25/05/13 and the winner will be chosen via random number generator. GOOD LUCK!